Class combinations

Moderators: Community Managers, Moderator

NitoMurray
Community Royal Guard Lvl 4

Class combinations

Postby NitoMurray » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:00 pm

Well, with the confirmation of how the character system will work, I've decided on how I'll likely play. Heavy armoured melee necromacer. A deathknight. That's right, I'm going to have a campaign where I'll be the Lich King. Sounds snazzy eh? Or what about a teleporting assassin? Hmmm, perhaps green magic with melee to make a healing melee (aka paladin)? So many combo's and styles can/will be made.

What is your plans now we know we can pick and choose abilities from any sphere to make our character?

Valerian
Community Royal Guard Lvl 6

Re: Class combinations

Postby Valerian » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:32 pm

I plan to educate my hero in the skills of administration and leadership. He shall the things which are important for a successful rule^^
So no teleportion, fighting or stealth skills nesessary, only charisma, rethoric an persuasion skills plus a lot of discipline and intellegence^^
Aut regem aut fatuum nasci oportere! - Ego sum rex romanus et super grammatica!

NitoMurray

Postby NitoMurray » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:13 pm

Valerian wrote:I plan to educate my hero in the skills of administration and leadership. He shall the things which are important for a successful rule^^
So no teleportion, fighting or stealth skills nesessary, only charisma, rethoric an persuasion skills plus a lot of discipline and intellegence^^

Please do the multiplayer, no one is going to invest in these for online play I expect haha

Valerian

Postby Valerian » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:54 pm

NitoMurray wrote:
Valerian wrote:I plan to educate my hero in the skills of administration and leadership. He shall the things which are important for a successful rule^^

Please do the multiplayer, no one is going to invest in these for online play I expect haha

Well, probably you are right, no one else will, but hey, I like leadership. Why fighting by myself, I have got my soldiers^^
Looking forward for ouer first match^^

NitoMurray

Postby NitoMurray » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:44 pm

Valerian wrote:
NitoMurray wrote:

Well, probably you are right, no one else will, but hey, I like leadership. Why fighting by myself, I have got my soldiers^^

To be honest, depending on how Blue magic works I'll likely take that for online along with some other skills. Seems I'll be helping teleport your armies rather than destroying them ;) haha Especially as Necromancy seems to be a solo play only style. Will have to see!

Valerian

Postby Valerian » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:47 pm

NitoMurray wrote:
Valerian wrote:
NitoMurray wrote:

To be honest, depending on how Blue magic works I'll likely take that for online along with some other skills. Seems I'll be helping teleport your armies rather than destroying them ;) haha Especially as Necromancy seems to be a solo play only style. Will have to see!

Yeah, teleporting seems to be verrrryyyy powerfull. I mean you could just send your army behind the walls of your enemy.
Well, at least, if he has no protecting spells^^

NitoMurray

Postby NitoMurray » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:28 am

Valerian wrote:
NitoMurray wrote:
Valerian wrote:

Yeah, teleporting seems to be verrrryyyy powerfull. I mean you could just send your army behind the walls of your enemy.

Aye, but it also seems to be a way to gimp the battle idea. As explained, the armies enter a "neutral" out of map zone. That way, they can't enter already surrounded. If though, you were to build in the centre of the map or at a choke point they must still traverse then you're screwed. Teleporting sounds like a way to bypass that and skip defenses plotted to hinder progress. Imagine a teleporting necro army though...I feel this will be a game where Balance isn't cared for, you're intended to be a god and to scream things over haha

Valerian

Postby Valerian » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:10 pm

NitoMurray wrote:
Valerian wrote:
NitoMurray wrote:

Aye, but it also seems to be a way to gimp the battle idea. As explained, the armies enter a "neutral" out of map zone. That way, they can't enter already surrounded. If though, you were to build in the centre of the map or at a choke point they must still traverse then you're screwed. Teleporting sounds like a way to bypass that and skip defenses plotted to hinder progress. Imagine a teleporting necro army though...I feel this will be a game where Balance isn't cared for, you're intended to be a god and to scream things over haha

You might say so, but on the other hand, this is exactly the the advantage of teleporting: Your troops doen't become stronger, you don't learn destructive or protective skills.
You one and only advantage lies in your flexibility and ability to perform a blitz. And if you cut this, where are the remaning advantages of teleporting magic?

And always have in mind that the other players can protect there strategic important points with some kind of speels

NitoMurray

Postby NitoMurray » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:23 pm

Valerian wrote:
NitoMurray wrote:
Valerian wrote:

You might say so, but on the other hand, this is exactly the the advantage of teleporting: Your troops doen't become stronger, you don't learn destructive or protective skills.
You one and only advantage lies in your flexibility and ability to perform a blitz. And if you cut this, where are the remaning advantages of teleporting magic?

And always have in mind that the other players can protect there strategic important points with some kind of speels

From what was explained, the opponent learning those spells is pointless as a few clicks and they have no ability to cast. So let's do a break down from what we know so far how i'd work mage vs blue mage.

"I shall blow you up!"

"drains all mana and casts shield"

"oh sh*t. GO MY MIGHTY ARMY!"

"Teleports cavalry on top of your archers. Heavy infantry teleport behind your troops and everyone is immediately flanked. Your archers are now dead."

Also, regardless of teleporting and blue magic vs other forms; skills are class locked. You can learn teleporting and destructive red magic, or necromancy and teleporting, or basic teleporting for just yourself and be a melee beast. How about a teleporting assassin?

Valerian

Postby Valerian » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:36 pm

NitoMurray wrote:
Valerian wrote:
NitoMurray wrote:

From what was explained, the opponent learning those spells is pointless as a few clicks and they have no ability to cast. So let's do a break down from what we know so far how i'd work mage vs blue mage.

"I shall blow you up!"

"drains all mana and casts shield"

"oh sh*t. GO MY MIGHTY ARMY!"

"Teleports cavalry on top of your archers. Heavy infantry teleport behind your troops and everyone is immediately flanked. Your archers are now dead."

Also, regardless of teleporting and blue magic vs other forms; skills are class locked. You can learn teleporting and destructive red magic, or necromancy and teleporting, or basic teleporting for just yourself and be a melee beast. How about a teleporting assassin?

Well, wtih the right skills, you could proteced your troops from beeing flanked #shields
But in general I agree with you, some class combinations are very powerfull and we maybe should think about limiting them in multiplayer

Return to “RPG”