DevBlog7 - Larkon Studio - Interview

Arik Helman
Larkon Studio
Larkon Studio

DevBlog7 - Larkon Studio - Interview

Postby Arik Helman » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:39 pm

Hey,

Feel free to discuss the weekly blog - Larkon Studio - Interview - In this discussion

Thanks

Coredog
Level 4 Community Backer Badge
Level 4 Community Backer Badge

Re: DevBlog7 - Larkon Studio - Interview

Postby Coredog » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:06 pm

Great interview! I hope that there is more regarding different aspects in the game. One of the items I loved hearing about was the modding, because I truly believe that will help alot with world details such as objects and buildings.

NitoMurray
Community Royal Guard Lvl 4

Postby NitoMurray » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:28 pm

My only comment is that you guys keep wrongly splitting Never and Winter in the title game Neverwinter Nights. Neverwinter is the name of the city, it's not 2 separate words. It's twice now, third time and I'm making a character called "Never Larkon Winter" for multiplayer -_-

Larkon Studio
Larkon Studio
Larkon Studio

Postby Larkon Studio » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:24 pm

NitoMurray wrote:My only comment is that you guys keep wrongly splitting Never and Winter in the title game Neverwinter Nights. Neverwinter is the name of the city, it's not 2 separate words. It's twice now, third time and I'm making a character called "Never Larkon Winter" for multiplayer -_-

whoops... well, it could have been worse. We could have talked about Sky Rim

Valerian
Community Royal Guard Lvl 6

Postby Valerian » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:43 pm

[quote="NitoMurray"]My only comment is that you guys keep wrongly splitting Never and Winter in the title game Neverwinter Nights. Neverwinter is the name of the city, it's not 2 separate words. It's twice now, third time and I'm making a character called "Never Larkon Winter" for multiplayer -_-[/quote]

Whats your opinion about Neverwinter Nights?^^

NitoMurray

Postby NitoMurray » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:55 pm

[quote="Valerian"][quote="NitoMurray"]My only comment is that you guys keep wrongly splitting Never and Winter in the title game Neverwinter Nights. Neverwinter is the name of the city, it's not 2 separate words. It's twice now, third time and I'm making a character called "Never Larkon Winter" for multiplayer -_-[/quote]

Whats your opinion about Neverwinter Nights?^^[/quote]

NWN "Hello, I'm a Paladin". You won the game.
"Hello, I'm a Wizard". You won the universe.

NWN story > NWN2 story
NWN2 companions > NWN companions.
NWN modules > NWN2 Expansions
NWN Balance =/ NWN2 Balance (THERE IS NONE! YOLO #WARLOCKKILLS #NEVERSTOPRESTING #PALADIN1HITENDBOSS)

The multiplayer was fun on both, shame it was stopped. I loved NWN, the side quests, puzzels and characters were great. NWN2 was unfinished so it's a shame (obsidian done another KOTOR2 to people -_- ). The systems were all there and it was an enjoyable game. But the bugs! And the story itself can be summarized as "boogie man appears, implanted objects inside of you, you kill boogie man". NWN2 came alive during the trials and at the the fair and it's immediate surroundings. After and between sucked. The expansions were considerably better than the base game and make it worth playing even now.

Valerian

Postby Valerian » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:54 pm

[quote="NitoMurray"][quote="Valerian"][quote="NitoMurray"]My only comment is that you guys keep wrongly splitting Never and Winter in the title game Neverwinter Nights. Neverwinter is the name of the city, it's not 2 separate words. It's twice now, third time and I'm making a character called "Never Larkon Winter" for multiplayer -_-[/quote]

Whats your opinion about Neverwinter Nights?^^[/quote]

NWN "Hello, I'm a Paladin". You won the game.
"Hello, I'm a Wizard". You won the universe.

NWN story > NWN2 story
NWN2 companions > NWN companions.
NWN modules > NWN2 Expansions
NWN Balance =/ NWN2 Balance (THERE IS NONE! YOLO #WARLOCKKILLS #NEVERSTOPRESTING #PALADIN1HITENDBOSS)

The multiplayer was fun on both, shame it was stopped. I loved NWN, the side quests, puzzels and characters were great. NWN2 was unfinished so it's a shame (obsidian done another KOTOR2 to people -_- ). The systems were all there and it was an enjoyable game. But the bugs! And the story itself can be summarized as "boogie man appears, implanted objects inside of you, you kill boogie man". NWN2 came alive during the trials and at the the fair and it's immediate surroundings. After and between sucked. The expansions were considerably better than the base game and make it worth playing even now.[/quote]

Oh, an fast answer. This is quite rare, cause of different timezones^^
Yeah, I only played NWN II, but you seem quite exciting abut I. Mhh, but I have a lot of games to play left. Maybe in (a far) future xD

NitoMurray

Postby NitoMurray » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:19 am

TBH it's very dated when you look at it, and the balance is even more disgusting that NWN2. Wizards get an old spell "Stop Time". It lets you down a boss before they even get a single round in. Just stack all you can into it, 2-3 casts and the boss be dead before he can react. Paladins are same as NWN2 in that their smite evil criticals when buffed will 1 hit anything evil, boss included. The crafting and skills are more useful though and apparent. Between the main campaign, and the direct linked campaigns of undertide and underdark, you have loads of hours of play. If you manage the work around to get the premium modules working (which are discontinued and can't be activated normally due to an early adoption of DRM that Bioware couldn't maintain) then you have what, 7 campaigns to deal with?

Brando602
Larkon Studio
Larkon Studio

Postby Brando602 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:16 pm

Larkon Studio wrote:
NitoMurray wrote:My only comment is that you guys keep wrongly splitting Never and Winter in the title game Neverwinter Nights. Neverwinter is the name of the city, it's not 2 separate words. It's twice now, third time and I'm making a character called "Never Larkon Winter" for multiplayer -_-

whoops... well, it could have been worse. We could have talked about Sky Rim

I definitely loved Morrow Wind

NitoMurray

Postby NitoMurray » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:51 pm

[quote="Brando602"][quote="Larkon Studio"][quote="NitoMurray"]My only comment is that you guys keep wrongly splitting Never and Winter in the title game Neverwinter Nights. Neverwinter is the name of the city, it's not 2 separate words. It's twice now, third time and I'm making a character called "Never Larkon Winter" for multiplayer -_-[/quote]

whoops... well, it could have been worse. We could have talked about Sky Rim[/quote]

I definitely loved Morrow Wind[/quote]

Morrow Larkon Wind doesn't have the same ring to it :/ Just sounds like a bad fart joke.

Return to “General Discussions”