DevBlog4 - Best Steam Greenlight Games

Arik Helman
Larkon Studio
Larkon Studio

DevBlog4 - Best Steam Greenlight Games

Postby Arik Helman » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:00 pm

Hey,

Feel free to discuss the weekly blog - Best Steam Greenlight Games - In this discussion

Thanks

Brando602
Larkon Studio
Larkon Studio

Re: DevBlog4 - Best Steam Greenlight Games

Postby Brando602 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:04 pm

As always, feel free to respond with games you think should've been included!

Valerian
Level 5 Community Backer Badge

Postby Valerian » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:55 pm

[quote="Brando602"]As always, feel free to respond with games you think should've been included![/quote]

Well, I do know all the advantages of steam (easy, simpl, profitable platform for developers, easy to promote your game etc.), but I still must say that it feels kind of wrong to me, when I buy a game on Steam (which I did actually only for one time).
So yeah, I understand the advantages and support releasing LoE on Steam, cause it will get more attention and funding money, but I'm really, really happy, that we have the possiblilty to get an DRM-free version

By the way, I know that there is only a thin connection to steam grennlight (although ST.Gr. is an positiv aspect of ths platform, as I must admit)

Coredog
Level 4 Community Backer Badge
Level 4 Community Backer Badge

Postby Coredog » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:36 am

[quote="Valerian"][quote="Brando602"]As always, feel free to respond with games you think should've been included![/quote]

Well, I do know all the advantages of steam (easy, simpl, profitable platform for developers, easy to promote your game etc.), but I still must say that it feels kind of wrong to me, when I buy a game on Steam (which I did actually only for one time).
So yeah, I understand the advantages and support releasing LoE on Steam, cause it will get more attention and funding money, but I'm really, really happy, that we have the possiblilty to get an DRM-free version

By the way, I know that there is only a thin connection to steam grennlight (although ST.Gr. is an positiv aspect of ths platform, as I must admit)[/quote]

The scary thing about steam is i have 275 games in my library but if anything happened to steam or they decided to discontinue a game i would be SOL. I am a support of GOG which has the all DRM-free games. So i also like the option but for now steam is my go to.

Anyways, i am not familiar with alot of greenlight game except for games like surgeon simulator, and war thunder. I more look into early access games on steam or kickstarter like this game or Chronicles of Elyria, or Eco.

NitoMurray
Level 3 Community Backer Badge

Postby NitoMurray » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:13 pm

[quote="Coredog"][quote="Valerian"][quote="Brando602"]As always, feel free to respond with games you think should've been included![/quote]

By the way, I know that there is only a thin connection to steam grennlight (although ST.Gr. is an positiv aspect of ths platform, as I must admit)[/quote]

The scary thing about steam is i have 275 games in my library but if anything happened to steam or they decided to discontinue a game i would be SOL. I am a support of GOG which has the all DRM-free games. So i also like the option but for now steam is my go to.

Anyways, i am not familiar with alot of greenlight game except for games like surgeon simulator, and war thunder. I more look into early access games on steam or kickstarter like this game or Chronicles of Elyria, or Eco.[/quote]

In my eyes, if something bad enough happens to knock steam outta commission, i doubt it'd still be playing games as we'd all of likely blown up. For game recommendations for this list, I'd say Stonehearth. A successful KS followed by an amazing green light and steam EA release. They've kept, without fail, a Tuesday weekly blog and updated with features every 2 months.

Another good greenlight game i'd say is Kenshi. They went from a greenlight to a year 2 development limbo. Then suddenly, money came in and 6 new staff joined. 6 months later and you have a new game world 100x the size of the original release, much deeper mechanics and more on the nearby horizon.

Valerian

Postby Valerian » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:28 pm

[quote="NitoMurray"][quote="Coredog"][quote="Valerian"][quote="Brando602"]As always, feel free to respond with games you think should've been included![/quote]

Anyways, i am not familiar with alot of greenlight game except for games like surgeon simulator, and war thunder. I more look into early access games on steam or kickstarter like this game or Chronicles of Elyria, or Eco.[/quote]

In my eyes, if something bad enough happens to knock steam outta commission, i doubt it'd still be playing games as we'd all of likely blown up. For game recommendations for this list, I'd say Stonehearth. A successful KS followed by an amazing green light and steam EA release. They've kept, without fail, a Tuesday weekly blog and updated with features every 2 months.

Another good greenlight game i'd say is Kenshi. They went from a greenlight to a year 2 development limbo. Then suddenly, money came in and 6 new staff joined. 6 months later and you have a new game world 100x the size of the original release, much deeper mechanics and more on the nearby horizon.[/quote]

You play Stonehearth too? It*'s an great game, isn't it?
I really apreciate Radiant for beeing so consequently in posting updates and developing Stoneherath into the game I expected it to become!
I hope the same for LoE - But I have a strong good sense in Larkon!

Valerian

Postby Valerian » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:31 pm

[quote="Coredog"][quote="Valerian"][quote="Brando602"]As always, feel free to respond with games you think should've been included![/quote]

GoG is the digital game platform in which I trust! Do you noticed their SpringSale?

NitoMurray

Postby NitoMurray » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:31 am

[quote="Valerian"][quote="Coredog"][quote="Valerian"][quote="Brando602"]As always, feel free to respond with games you think should've been included![/quote]

GoG is the digital game platform in which I trust! Do you noticed their SpringSale?[/quote]

I'm a poor student so I avoid sales and just turn things off entirely so they're out of sight and mind haha otherwise I won't be able to feed myself haha.

Return to “General Discussions”