Suggestions

Dman
Level 3 Community Backer Badge

Re: Suggestions

Postby Dman » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:12 am

I suggest a steam workshop integration system.

Please help me .- ..- ... - .. -. / .. ... / .... --- .-.. -.. .. -. --. / -- . / .... --- ... - .- --. . / .. -. / -.-. ..- .-. ... . / .--. .-.. . .- ... . / .... . .-.. .--. / -- .

Kswanson

Postby Kswanson » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:41 am

Need a tutorial of some sort for those of us not to familiar with this type of game. I have tried to play a few times but quit pretty quick because I have no idea what to do.

NitoMurray
Community Royal Guard Lvl 4
Community Royal Guard Lvl 4

Postby NitoMurray » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:10 pm

[quote="Kswanson"]Need a tutorial of some sort for those of us not to familiar with this type of game. I have tried to play a few times but quit pretty quick because I have no idea what to do.[/quote]

Play third person "hero mode" like it's Skyrim. Explore, find stuff, kill stuff, general adventurer stuff. Press "t" when outside to enter RTS mode. This allows you to select troops and move them around like it was a Total War series styled game. You have the construction menu to the right of your screen that opens up when clicked.

Taverns generate general income across the board, like a booster rather than supplier.
Market generates gold automatically (and quite fast)
Blacksmith generates ore/metal/iron similar to how the Market generates gold.
You already have a lumber mill which acts as the timber version of these.
Houses generate population, which in turn increases income.

If the market generates 10gold per person, then having 2 houses which yields 2 population, would double your income.

There is also the barracks which allows you to train and recruit soldiers. To command them in third person view, use F1, F2, F3 etc. similar to mount and blade commands.

Soronarr
Level 2 Community Backer Badge
Level 2 Community Backer Badge

Postby Soronarr » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:09 am

I would seriously consider changing the beginning.
About the worst thing you can do is info dumps that break immersion - like characters asking about things they should know. ASking who you are, who your advisor is and the basic of he setting - no. Just no.

A far better way would be to have a narrator at the beginning give a quick overview of the situation in the world - thus the player knows he resources are dwindling, there is a large war, etc..

But one thing I would personally change is a few details of the story. Right now, you are a king with a large army and a capital with several portals that lead to a new world, but you start from 0. No experienced soldier, no armor, no resources - nothing.
It doesn't make sense to give the player such a strong foundation in the original world.

Rather than the capital being safe, wouldn't it be better for the capital to have fallen, and the player having a castle full of people (refugees) left? Since the castle was not meant to hold that many, it explains why there isn't resources to spare and why is there a huge need to expand.
Heck, you could have a quest to gather food to send to your holding in the other world. Food itself should be a resource.

It also explains the bandits (desperate people) better than just "our enemies opened portals"

Oh, speaking of quests, having to track down a plant that will grow in the farms in the caves makes no dam nsesne either.

Valerian
Community Royal Guard Lvl 6
Community Royal Guard Lvl 6

Postby Valerian » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:58 pm

[quote="Soronarr"]I would seriously consider changing the beginning.
About the worst thing you can do is info dumps that break immersion - like characters asking about things they should know. ASking who you are, who your advisor is and the basic of he setting - no. Just no.

A far better way would be to have a narrator at the beginning give a quick overview of the situation in the world - thus the player knows he resources are dwindling, there is a large war, etc..

But one thing I would personally change is a few details of the story. Right now, you are a king with a large army and a capital with several portals that lead to a new world, but you start from 0. No experienced soldier, no armor, no resources - nothing.
It doesn't make sense to give the player such a strong foundation in the original world.

Rather than the capital being safe, wouldn't it be better for the capital to have fallen, and the player having a castle full of people (refugees) left? Since the castle was not meant to hold that many, it explains why there isn't resources to spare and why is there a huge need to expand.
Heck, you could have a quest to gather food to send to your holding in the other world. Food itself should be a resource.

It also explains the bandits (desperate people) better than just "our enemies opened portals"

Oh, speaking of quests, having to track down a plant that will grow in the farms in the caves makes no dam nsesne either.[/quote]

If I remember itr correct, the devs already said something about the implementation of food once. But yeah, I agree with you - and already named it a few times in this forum (I assume^^) - it would deepen the possible strategies with new functions (winter, attack on supplylines, fire on graneries)

Return to “Suggestions”