Suggestions

NitoMurray
Community Royal Guard Lvl 4

Re: Suggestions

Postby NitoMurray » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:21 pm

I'd like to make a real suggestion, instead of mentioning stuff that's already planned and is just not present yet.

I'd like to suggest maybe add a bit more to the portal. Make it a bit more grandiose (or perhaps have a scaling portal so as your city grows so does the portal). At the moment it looks and feels a bit meh, and I can imagine it being entirely dwarfed by the time a large city is built up.

66Austin1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby 66Austin1 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:05 pm

[quote="NitoMurray"]I'd like to make a real suggestion, instead of mentioning stuff that's already planned and is just not present yet.

I'd like to suggest maybe add a bit more to the portal. Make it a bit more grandiose (or perhaps have a scaling portal so as your city grows so does the portal). At the moment it looks and feels a bit meh, and I can imagine it being entirely dwarfed by the time a large city is built up.[/quote]

You know I agree with nito. The portal does seem abit... meh for how grand it feels it should be. maybe even make it where when we get our city hall up we can upgrade the portal to allow more people to pass through and more supplies maybe from our old kingdom. You could even make it like a trade link from our new kingdom to our old when where if we need a certain type of supply or we have a famine we could order more food from our old kingdom and they will send however much we ask for through. but it has a very long cooldown for it and you can only send a certain amount through depending on how big and upgraded the portal is.

teag38
Level 2 Community Backer Badge

Postby teag38 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:34 pm

i like the idea of using certain building to upgrade other things with in the town. Makes buildings useful. there could even be a table inside with "Drawing plans" on top that allows you to do so.

I also think some of the terrain should be tuned down. i think some of the random 6 ft points all over the ground could be done away with to give the world a little more realistic feeling? this might also help with a few of the polys that need to be rendered and could potentially aid in a little performance.

Also i think that the floating RTS camera should come down to the ground a little more. at least head height. God only know every game with modding support has increased cameras and that's the first thing people go for.

Upon being able to build building i also think once all the tabs and such get defined, there should be a place to select "Aesthetic" buildings down like carts, crates, haybales, and other cool little things that will get people into building their town.

larkonbear

Postby larkonbear » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:14 pm

Good day to you all I'm Larkonbear & have acquired the Alpha which looks fantastic !

Knowing this is pre-alpha, just a suggestion to get a bit more frame-rate: option to disable clouds & swinging grass.

Currently only get about 18-25 fps & have already changed the registry settings to a lower resolution.

My system:

Lenovo Y50 Laptop
16GB Ram
i7-4710HQ 2.5GHZ
GTX 860M

Coredog
Level 4 Community Backer Badge
Level 4 Community Backer Badge

Postby Coredog » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:19 pm

Looks like there hasn't been some suggestions in a while, but thought i would chime in. One major thing i would like to see is the ground texture redone. I know that this is probably planned but i think it would help alot when you release on steam. Right now the glass areas look neon green with red which it should be dark green and dark brown in my opinion.

Updating this would give the game better feel and look.

http://texturelib.com/texture/?path=/Te ... grass_0048

Valerian
Community Royal Guard Lvl 6

Postby Valerian » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:21 pm

[quote="Coredog"]Looks like there hasn't been some suggestions in a while, but thought i would chime in. One major thing i would like to see is the ground texture redone. I know that this is probably planned but i think it would help alot when you release on steam. Right now the glass areas look neon green with red which it should be dark green and dark brown in my opinion.

Updating this would give the game better feel and look.

http://texturelib.com/texture/?path=/Te ... grass_0048[/quote]

True issue. The ground texture is a bit too colourful. A slightly darker colouring would let it appeal more realistic

Valerian

Postby Valerian » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:12 am

Another issue. It is about the barracks. I'm not sure, if this is already in your mind, but I would appretiate if the ground, on which the barrakcs are placed, an the inner yard would be paved. This would be much more realistic and your soilders can use it as a drill ground without sinking in the mud.
In general, within citys there should have more paved ground one day

NitoMurray

Postby NitoMurray » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:30 pm

There does need to be better terrain leveling too. You place a Barracks somewhere and there is a chance you'll have half a hill cover a massive section of your barracks rather than it be leveled flat.

Valerian

Postby Valerian » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:53 pm

[quote="NitoMurray"]There does need to be better terrain leveling too. You place a Barracks somewhere and there is a chance you'll have half a hill cover a massive section of your barracks rather than it be leveled flat.[/quote]
Oh yeas, I agree!

Dman
Level 3 Community Backer Badge
Level 3 Community Backer Badge

Postby Dman » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:12 am

I think u need a steam workshop integration system.

Please help me .- ..- ... - .. -. / .. ... / .... --- .-.. -.. .. -. --. / -- . / .... --- ... - .- --. . / .. -. / -.-. ..- .-. ... . / .--. .-.. . .- ... . / .... . .-.. .--. / -- .

Return to “Suggestions”