We can't always be playing LoE: What other games are you all playing recently?

Moderators: Community Managers, Moderator

Brando602
Larkon Studio
Larkon Studio

We can't always be playing LoE: What other games are you all playing recently?

Postby Brando602 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:05 am

Just as the title says, Legends of Ellaria can't quite fill up every hour of the day. What other games are you all playing? Anything new?

For myself, I've been playing a good amount of Crusader Kings II as well as World of Warcraft. You could say I have a video game type, (I think it involves swords and badassery.)

Valerian
Community Royal Guard Lvl 6

Re: We can't always be playing LoE: What other games are you all playing recently?

Postby Valerian » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:40 pm

Recently (or in the last months) I have been playing hours and hours of Heros of Might and Magic VII, Stronghold Crusader II, Medieval II: Total War, Europa Universalis IV, Anno 1404 and Witcher 3

So one can say that I really like strategy (realtime and turn-based) and sometimes a good RPG
Last edited by Valerian on Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aut regem aut fatuum nasci oportere! - Ego sum rex romanus et super grammatica!

NitoMurray
Community Royal Guard Lvl 4

Re: We can't always be playing LoE: What other games are you all playing recently?

Postby NitoMurray » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:46 pm

WoW, SWTOR, ESO, trying the Ghosts beta (liked it but damn, those glitches), CKII, EUIV, Stellaris, CIV VI, TES Skyrim SE, Diablo III, Conan Exiles, Pillars of Eternity, Kenshi, Total War: Atilla, Total War: Warhammer, Medieval II: Total War, Endless Legends.

Just to name a few.

Coredog
Level 4 Community Backer Badge
Level 4 Community Backer Badge

Postby Coredog » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:56 am

League of Legends, ESO, CONAN Exiles, Prison Architect, Medieval Engineers, Tropico 5, Witcher 1-3, Cities XL, Fallout 4, FarCry.

Depends on the day but as you can tell i have a wide variety and im sure i missed some.

Brando602
Larkon Studio
Larkon Studio

Postby Brando602 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:04 pm

Valerian wrote:Recently (or in the last months) I have been playing hours and hours of Heros of Might and Magic VII, Stronghold Crusader II, Medieval II: Total War, Europa Universalis IV, Anno 1404 and Witcher 3

So one can say that I really like strategy (realtime and turn-based) and sometimes a good RPG

It's so interesting how the games you play line up right next to the ones I enjoy but are the ones I didn't really try. For instance I grew up playing a lot of the 2005 Stronghold 2, a lot of Elder Scrolls, a lot of Starcraft and a lot of Civilization. Looks like LoE is our gaming midpoint!

Brando602
Larkon Studio
Larkon Studio

Postby Brando602 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:06 pm

A lot of similarities overall! I guess that should kinda be expected, but still awesome nonetheless.

Valerian

Postby Valerian » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:32 pm

Brando602 wrote:
Valerian wrote:Recently (or in the last months) I have been playing hours and hours of Heros of Might and Magic VII, Stronghold Crusader II, Medieval II: Total War, Europa Universalis IV, Anno 1404 and Witcher 3

It's so interesting how the games you play line up right next to the ones I enjoy but are the ones I didn't really try. For instance I grew up playing a lot of the 2005 Stronghold 2, a lot of Elder Scrolls, a lot of Starcraft and a lot of Civilization. Looks like LoE is our gaming midpoint!

Okay, maybe you gonna blame me for this, but in my opinion, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion is the best game of the series.
By the way, it's an great thing that you enjoyed playing Stroghold 2. For the most Stronghold fans it was an disappointment, personally I still play it today.
This is the reason cause I'm so excited about LoE, I hope it becomes the awesome combination of all of these genres I alway wanted to see (and play)

NitoMurray

Postby NitoMurray » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:28 am

I preferred Oblivion too :) I found more flavour in the world. I will always remember my first hour of Oblivion, finding the vampire book in the bandits bed and the garlic glove, crossing the bridge to a small pond and finding a skeleton with a journal, leading me to the remains of his friends. None of this stuff was quests but it gave me a good deal of flavour to the world, along with stuff like the arena and the guilds were much more interesting than Skyrim's versions.

Sadly, I never had Morrorwind as a kid, and now I'm 25 I feel it's aged like milk for me to give it a genuine first try despite owning it.

Valerian

Postby Valerian » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:09 pm

NitoMurray wrote:I preferred Oblivion too :) I found more flavour in the world. I will always remember my first hour of Oblivion, finding the vampire book in the bandits bed and the garlic glove, crossing the bridge to a small pond and finding a skeleton with a journal, leading me to the remains of his friends. None of this stuff was quests but it gave me a good deal of flavour to the world, along with stuff like the arena and the guilds were much more interesting than Skyrim's versions.

Sadly, I never had Morrorwind as a kid, and now I'm 25 I feel it's aged like milk for me to give it a genuine first try despite owning it.

Another Oblivion supporter? Fantastic! I really love this game (and it's mods - simply awesome). Do you know the NEHRIM mod: It is an total conversion and a game game for itself

NitoMurray

Postby NitoMurray » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:38 am

Valerian wrote:
NitoMurray wrote:I preferred Oblivion too :) I found more flavour in the world. I will always remember my first hour of Oblivion, finding the vampire book in the bandits bed and the garlic glove, crossing the bridge to a small pond and finding a skeleton with a journal, leading me to the remains of his friends. None of this stuff was quests but it gave me a good deal of flavour to the world, along with stuff like the arena and the guilds were much more interesting than Skyrim's versions.

Another Oblivion supporter? Fantastic! I really love this game (and it's mods - simply awesome). Do you know the NEHRIM mod: It is an total conversion and a game game for itself

I think the complaints stemmed from the horrible UI and the glossy look of things compared to the dirtier Skyrim. Whilst the vanilla Skyrim UI is bad, the Oblivion circle is worse. On Skyrim I like to have several spells, bound dagger and bow, frenzy, fear, pacify, invis, muffle, 2 heals, rally, armour spells, detect life, turn undead, ice storm, thunderbolt etc. All of that is kinda mute on Oblivion as you have a limited amount.

Return to “Off Topic”