Goodbye to Alpha

Moderators: Community Managers, Moderator

NitoMurray
Community Royal Guard Lvl 4

Goodbye to Alpha

Postby NitoMurray » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:00 am

Well, this is it. Due to the delays, It's reached the point where I now can't myself delay the packing and dismantling of my PC. I'm moving to China next month and much has to be done before then. This also means I will only have my broken down laptop whom will likely not be able to play anything past Baldurs Gate. I'm quite gutted that after paying for the pre-alpha and alpha that I will likely now not even play the game successfully for a year now, due to the several months of delays.

Don't get me wrong. The game comes when it does, and that's when it's ready to be played. Even whilst the first release seemingly will only contain 2-3 hours of gameplay if that, it's something. That said, I aim this post in the hope to make Larkon realise that the backers that listened don't all have the luxury of waiting on their efforts. As time goes by, things people have paid for can't be accessed (and in my case, something that was due months ago for 2-3 hours of gameplay). Now I understand that your creating a sandbox, and that means you can't make a little sheltered area of gameplay for backers as normal RPG or RTS games can do (After all you're both!). So things take time to work. Just remember that people have faith in you to do them good, the longer you take on your promises the more you take away from those that supported your game.

This won't be my last post (hopefully, we'll see what the Chinese firewall has to say about it when I get there next month) during development. Especially as I won't be leaving for a month. I'm also under the hope that, with the little content and area size that's on the first release my laptop won't totally overheat and shut down before I get something done in it.

But I want to made aware that, as development goes on, I will cease to be able to have a say simply because of the delays that have cut months out of the time I can.

I hope that when I finally have the money, time and space to rebuild my desktop that I'll return to see an amazing game (though still in testing I suspect).

Just, take your time. It doesn't matter if the game comes out late as there was no real promise to that, so long as it does. But make sure to keep your promises to the backers as it can be a slippery slope between a few delays and missed updates and it becoming a trend of miscommunication and broken responsibilities.

Tetzer
Level 2 Community Backer Badge
Level 2 Community Backer Badge

Re: Goodbye to Alpha

Postby Tetzer » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:29 am

Damn, sorry to hear that man. Definitely sucks that you wont be able to have your PC for so long x.x. Was hopin for our debates to carry over in game during multiplayer sessions haha. Best of luck to you out in China, and have a safe flight.

NitoMurray

Postby NitoMurray » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:49 am

Tetzer wrote:Damn, sorry to hear that man. Definitely sucks that you wont be able to have your PC for so long x.x. Was hopin for our debates to carry over in game during multiplayer sessions haha. Best of luck to you out in China, and have a safe flight.

Hopefully I'll be gameplay viable in 6-8 months. It'd suspect multiplayer may take that long or longer. But I will miss a lot of alpha updates and being able to comment and report on them :/

66Austin1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby 66Austin1 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:19 pm

NitoMurray wrote:
Tetzer wrote:Damn, sorry to hear that man. Definitely sucks that you wont be able to have your PC for so long x.x. Was hopin for our debates to carry over in game during multiplayer sessions haha. Best of luck to you out in China, and have a safe flight.

Hopefully I'll be gameplay viable in 6-8 months. It'd suspect multiplayer may take that long or longer. But I will miss a lot of alpha updates and being able to comment and report on them :/

(thats to say that they do have an open public server for multiplayer just for people to mess with eachother) but sorry to hear that you're having to leave. Hopefully you can play the game in china and they won't give you any trouble about it. I wish you the best of luck. Hope to see you on the forum again soon ^_^ it's very nice seeing the conversations and ideas you and others through out.

Asvandorf
Level 8 Community Backer Badge
Level 8 Community Backer Badge

Postby Asvandorf » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:14 am

I'll miss your ideas and coments on everything magic related :D , see you soon ;)

Return to “Off Topic”