Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Moderators: Community Managers, Moderator

NitoMurray
Community Royal Guard Lvl 4

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Postby NitoMurray » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:15 pm

I'm considering buying it or debating putting it off till a sale and saving my £40 for Mass Effect which is soon. Anyone else got/getting it? Be cool to play with some peeps from our community.

junk1243
Level 2 Community Backer Badge
Level 2 Community Backer Badge

Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Postby junk1243 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:57 am

I don't have it, but it looks rather fun. If you end up getting it, let me know what it's like!
That time when you want to change your crappy username but don't want to do all the work

NitoMurray

Postby NitoMurray » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:20 pm

junk1243 wrote:I don't have it, but it looks rather fun. If you end up getting it, let me know what it's like!

Well I played the beta and my most memorable moment was when a mission went tits up because our sniper missed a shot. Whole base alerted whilst 3 of us were sneaking inside knifing people to be quiet. 4 mins later, our sniper was chased into town by reinforcing enemies in armoured cars, we were going between buildings due to a helicopter firing down on us. We made a shot for the helicopter that we cleared earlier to prevent our target from using it to escape himself. We got on, and tried to get out. Half way up a rocket hit us, our shit got blown up and 3 of us jumped out and parachuted down just outside of town. Our poor sniper though didn't have their upgrade unlocked and fell swiftly to become tomato paste on the pavement. We then shot out the driver of an incoming enemy jeep, killed his buddies as they stepped out and bolted out of there with the jeep.

So for that memory, it's amazing. If we done that with AI it'd of probably been crap repetitive and crap. With the human element? It was fantastic.

That said... the bugs~ why Ubisoft, why?!?

66Austin1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby 66Austin1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:46 pm

NitoMurray wrote:
junk1243 wrote:I don't have it, but it looks rather fun. If you end up getting it, let me know what it's like!

Well I played the beta and my most memorable moment was when a mission went tits up because our sniper missed a shot. Whole base alerted whilst 3 of us were sneaking inside knifing people to be quiet. 4 mins later, our sniper was chased into town by reinforcing enemies in armoured cars, we were going between buildings due to a helicopter firing down on us. We made a shot for the helicopter that we cleared earlier to prevent our target from using it to escape himself. We got on, and tried to get out. Half way up a rocket hit us, our shit got blown up and 3 of us jumped out and parachuted down just outside of town. Our poor sniper though didn't have their upgrade unlocked and fell swiftly to become tomato paste on the pavement. We then shot out the driver of an incoming enemy jeep, killed his buddies as they stepped out and bolted out of there with the jeep.

So for that memory, it's amazing. If we done that with AI it'd of probably been crap repetitive and crap. With the human element? It was fantastic.

That said... the bugs~ why Ubisoft, why?!?

Oh man I played the beta and it was tons of fun I'd recommend getting it. my most memorable moment was probably the when we finally got the parachute upgrade and me and my 2 friends when about 2k feet above where the target was, parachuted down and landed on a rock. Started sniping everyone and killed the target.. then we got the heavy machine gun haha.

That and the first mission I ran up and pushed the guys head into the ground instead of integrating him and killed him.

Return to “Off Topic”