Building types that you can build - Discussion

Larkon Studio
Larkon Studio
Larkon Studio

Building types that you can build - Discussion

Postby Larkon Studio » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:41 pm

This is the official discussion for Building types that you can build - Suggestion.

We're currently working on city life, as well as designing props and spots to interact with your citizens, and we're looking to add leisure or functional buildings depending on your suggestions. You can suggest any type of building, as well as the purpose of the building and any rule you may think about for building it, using it or gaining from it.

To suggest a building/ prop type, please post with the following consideration:

• The building should have a purpose, but leisure buildings may be suggested for simple morale boost.
  • The building should be lore friendly. For instance, Shopping malls don't exist in Ellaria at the moment
  • You can suggest a prop, such as a camp fire, lamp post, etc.

For instance, you may post:
Library - boosts your technology point. Contains multiple book shelves. May also contain a book shop for buying important books.

This is the discussion topic. To post a suggestion, please post it at
Building types that you can build - Suggestion

Flession
Level 3 Community Backer Badge
Level 3 Community Backer Badge

Re: Building types that you can build - Discussion

Postby Flession » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:38 pm

Is there a list of what has/will be applied to the game already?

I mean the fairly obvious (blacksmith, mage tower, etc)

Adrian Tache
Larkon Studio
Larkon Studio

Postby Adrian Tache » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:49 pm

Flession wrote:Is there a list of what has/will be applied to the game already?

I mean the fairly obvious (blacksmith, mage tower, etc)

At the moment, the planned buildings are:
House
Large House
Blacksmith
Barracks
Workshop (for catapults)
Tavern
Library
City Hall
Storage (For materials)
Mage Tower

However, there are planned buildings that aren't official but we're sure they should be in the game, such as:

• An Arena, obviously, because an Arena is allays fun!
  • A place to store your money. Either a bank, a palace, or a guarded treasury building. Our plan is to allow other players or NPC's to attempt to steal money from these buildings, and employ a stealth mechanism to steal from other kingdoms
  • Guilds. At the moment we've planned guilds to be housed at taverns, but we think a guild should have it's headquarters, and guild members accessible from a tavern. A guild can't be built, but unlocked once you've researched, achieved or completed a guild related task.
  • Even more guilds. Spy guild, assassin guild, merchant guild, mercenary guild, each has it's own building. Any suggestions for guild types will be most appreciated
  • Props, and lots of them. You've noticed how empty the city looks without them

Tetzer
Level 2 Community Backer Badge
Level 2 Community Backer Badge

Postby Tetzer » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:14 am

Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:16 pm

thomasert wrote:Building 1: Rafineri of wood, metal and other

utility : from building will allow us to increase production and quality of the resource available on the map

building 2: cemetery

utility : is building that will be most useful when you are necromancer will fill have died basic for to resuscitate to build a great city and also resurrect power of great heroes died in battle but it will be possible to resurrect his heroes as in being a great necromencien

Maybe add this to the cemetary, where cities need a cemetary for when a person dies, it automatically generates a tomb stone, and a funeral service will be held and able to be attended by the player to consol the family and friends, giving a happiness bonus, and 15% faster movement and work speed for the family and friends of the deceased, and this can allow up to 6 funerals on going at once. Soldier deaths, on the other hand could be a mass funeral service that takes place after the war, and you can designate a warriors memorial hall that allows for soldiers with high kill count to be commemorated and have a random name and brief description of their deeds and have it provide a inspired boost on all guards and soldiers within the area.

An issue of mass graves appearing over the course of the game, maybe you could later upgrade to a giant mausoleum with an underground area for more space on another upgrade.

As for how necromancers can play into it, maybe allow enemy necromancers who are able to sneak into town, and get to the mausoleum/cemetary, the option to raise a portion of the amount of graves as zombies and skeletons to go wreak havoc in the town, and allow him to slip out undetected if stealthy enough, or go assassinate the king /player so his zombies and skeletons will have more time to wreak havoc. Maybe even add a debuff overall to that city on the soldiers and civilians having to fight those they once lost.

At the same time, allow the player necro to use the cemetery as a emergency troop reinforcement during castle defense, but gives a slight debuff called horror, of fighting alongside ravenous zombies, and the clanking and creaking bones they once called family and friends. This debuff slowly gets weaker the more evil your kingdom becomes.

Kinda just rambling off ideas to build upon what was already presented.

Valerian
Community Royal Guard Lvl 6

Postby Valerian » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:49 pm

I'am not sure, if this topic is still active, but I have a question, reffering to the building system.

Are there plans to integrate streets? Maybe different levels of quality (countryroads,stateroads etc.), which boost your speed of traveling even more?

In generall, the grounds in your citys, will they be paved? I mean, no citizen want's to live on simple grassland^^
Aut regem aut fatuum nasci oportere! - Ego sum rex romanus et super grammatica!

66Austin1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby 66Austin1 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:48 pm

Valerian wrote:I'am not sure, if this topic is still active, but I have a question, reffering to the building system.

Are there plans to integrate streets? Maybe different levels of quality (countryroads,stateroads etc.), which boost your speed of traveling even more?

In generall, the grounds in your citys, will they be paved? I mean, no citizen want's to live on simple grassland^^

good question i'll ask them today and i'll be answering the questions tomorrow in my update

Valerian

Postby Valerian » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:14 pm

Nice
Thanks ^^

PS: And again I forget to post my question in the "Question" topic^^
But hey, there I post another one... I have ways to much questions, sorry :D

NitoMurray
Community Royal Guard Lvl 4
Community Royal Guard Lvl 4

Postby NitoMurray » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:20 am

Ritual grounds (evil) If we're going to be evil, why not have live sacrifices? Allows missions/actions to shift alignment towards Evil. Perhaps allowing recruitment of special infantry like Blackguards?

Temple (good) Praise the sun! As expected, a place to improve your alignment towards the Good. Paladin cavalry recruitment?

Sacred Garden (neutral), allows shifting towards neutral. Animal/beastman recruitment?

I'd like a non-mining approach to Riftstones in the game, something more elf like as I imagine those cultures not being too "let's f**k nature up". So how about a Mana Well? Think moonwell from Warcraft and you're essentially spot on for what I imagine. A source for spell casters to dump mana in to permanently increase the potency of the well, and having a riftstone resource tick. Make it so at the start, it's worthless and a pretty garden (maybe with a mana regen bonus to the surrounding area?). But after weeks of actual play (So I assume that'd be decades if not more in in game time reality) the well provides a superior way of riftstone gathering. It could also be a casus beli (justification of war) for other factions, greedy for it's power. Add in a diplomacy increase towards magical races, and a negative towards human/orc and it becomes a risky and rewarding investment.

Valerian

Postby Valerian » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:54 am

I like this idea of selfimproving buildings!

Valerian

Postby Valerian » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:59 am

Now, after some time had passed, what are Larkons plans regarding buildings? Which ones do you want to mplement in addition to your original list?

(by the way, sorry that I have so many questions in the moment^^)

Return to “Active Feature Voting Discussions”