Max amount of troops in one area

Moderators: Moderator, Community Managers

JakubTyl
Level 2 Community Backer Badge

Max amount of troops in one area

Postby JakubTyl » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:59 am

I was wondering, if the devs tested the maximum amount of possible NPC troops in one instance/battle... What is the cap before it starts to be unstable? How massive can battle be... is it dozens, hundreds, thousand?

junk1243

Re: Max amount of troops in one area

Postby junk1243 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:19 pm

JakubTyl wrote:I was wondering, if the devs tested the maximum amount of possible NPC troops in one instance/battle... What is the cap before it starts to be unstable? How massive can battle be... is it dozens, hundreds, thousand?

I hope it becomes huge, but Im guessing not that big, but when I was fighting the goblins, a ton of them ganged up and I killed them all with that AOE spell thingy
That time when you want to change your crappy username but don't want to do all the work

NitoMurray
Community Royal Guard Lvl 4

Postby NitoMurray » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:56 pm

junk1243 wrote:
JakubTyl wrote:I was wondering, if the devs tested the maximum amount of possible NPC troops in one instance/battle... What is the cap before it starts to be unstable? How massive can battle be... is it dozens, hundreds, thousand?

I hope it becomes huge, but Im guessing not that big, but when I was fighting the goblins, a ton of them ganged up and I killed them all with that AOE spell thingy

Fire it at those annoying ginger alcy's in the tavern. They are more annoying than the Skyrim guards :lol: Stand there long enough and you get them all sync'd saying the same thing every few moments

junk1243

Postby junk1243 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:15 pm

NitoMurray wrote:
junk1243 wrote:

Fire it at those annoying ginger alcy's in the tavern. They are more annoying than the Skyrim guards :lol: Stand there long enough and you get them all sync'd saying the same thing every few moments

XD
That time when you want to change your crappy username but don't want to do all the work

Valerian
Community Royal Guard Lvl 6

Postby Valerian » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:37 pm

Now that I read this, I start to think, that it is an very important to know which number of men we can expect at a single battlefield...thousands would be really really, but I actually don't think this will be possible
Aut regem aut fatuum nasci oportere! - Ego sum rex romanus et super grammatica!

NitoMurray

Postby NitoMurray » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:09 am

Valerian wrote:

Now that I read this, I start to think, that it is an very important to know which number of men we can expect at a single battlefield...thousands would be really really, but I actually don't think this will be possible

Look at Mount and Blade. It's designed to have crappy graphics so computers can handle the amount of soldiers on field. Imagine doing that whilst running RTS in the background. How big of a scale can we realistically expect? 500-600 total for majority of users still?

Don't forget, even Total War has a "soft" cap limit to how many units can ever be present. And that's with it scrolled out and units essentially being blocks that wobble.

Valerian

Postby Valerian » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:22 am

Yeah, I know that it is very unrealistic, but HOPE DIES LAST!

NitoMurray

Postby NitoMurray » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:37 pm

Valerian wrote:Yeah, I know that it is very unrealistic, but HOPE DIES LAST!

But then we'd be unable to play the game because of it's inhuman requirements o.O It's like hoping to never play :lol:

Valerian

Postby Valerian » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:07 pm

They could implement it as an optional possibillity for people with strong hardware (Sadly not me^^)
But yeah, your are right... at least maybe 300 to 400 soldiers on each side

Return to “Combat System”