Moderators: Community Managers, Moderator

Valerian
Community Royal Guard Lvl 6

Re: City Size

Postby Valerian » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:51 pm

NitoMurray wrote:
Valerian wrote:
NitoMurray wrote:Though I would like to hear what other buildings they decided to implement after that vote suggestion. We know they wanted an arena etc. but what else is going to be included?

I'd also love to hear what uses the arena they mentioned has. I added a bit of flavour in my description above but I would like to see it more than a Oblivion styled arena where it's boring dull matches or you fighting. I'd like to be able to sacrifice prisoners and POW's to arena champions, and train heroes to perfection or death in the arena!

Larkon~~ gonna give us a hint at least what you guys decided in regards to that vote?

Yeah! Please an update about this.
Btw,I would love it, if you could divide the building menu in different categories like military (barracks, workshops, walls, towers, fort ), economy (farms, mines, storage,granary guilds,blacksmith, banks) and city (houses, taverns, church, parks, stores, libary).

By the way, it is sure, that we get the possiblity to upgrade our buildings, isn't it?

It was an answer by Larkon during one of the previous Q&A posts.

Great, than I remender it correctly^^
Aut regem aut fatuum nasci oportere! - Ego sum rex romanus et super grammatica!

NitoMurray
Community Royal Guard Lvl 4

Postby NitoMurray » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:49 pm

So In summary, I think the size won't be an issue but if people build a city like it's empire earth, it could seem barren perhaps. If you move all your recruiting buildings and blacksmith to 1 section, houses all in another etc. then you'd end up with 2 busy ports of the city then everything else is empty haha. So I suppose building planning will be necessary to make a city feel more alive.

Valerian

Postby Valerian » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:11 pm

NitoMurray wrote:So In summary, I think the size won't be an issue but if people build a city like it's empire earth, it could seem barren perhaps. If you move all your recruiting buildings and blacksmith to 1 section, houses all in another etc. then you'd end up with 2 busy ports of the city then everything else is empty haha. So I suppose building planning will be necessary to make a city feel more alive.

Absolutely, this was my most important point at the beginning: It might become difficult for some peopleto build an vivit city,ready for an RPG game

NitoMurray

Postby NitoMurray » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Valerian wrote:
NitoMurray wrote:So In summary, I think the size won't be an issue but if people build a city like it's empire earth, it could seem barren perhaps. If you move all your recruiting buildings and blacksmith to 1 section, houses all in another etc. then you'd end up with 2 busy ports of the city then everything else is empty haha. So I suppose building planning will be necessary to make a city feel more alive.

Absolutely, this was my most important point at the beginning: It might become difficult for some peopleto build an vivit city,ready for an RPG game

That said, I think the people who make min/max empire earth esque cities will care little for how cosmetically pleasing it is haha

Valerian

Postby Valerian » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:08 pm

NitoMurray wrote:
Valerian wrote:

That said, I think the people who make min/max empire earth esque cities will care little for how cosmetically pleasing it is haha

True^^
By the way, whats your opinion about Empire Earth II? Here, the people are quite divided about

NitoMurray

Postby NitoMurray » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:08 pm

They are? o.O Then they are likely heretics and deserving of execution haha

The game is essentially the same as it was just slightly sharper with some new bits to it. It's a HD release after-all not a full new entry to the series. So there is imbalances etc. still present. That said, it's still a fantastic and fun game I feel.

Valerian

Postby Valerian » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:33 pm

NitoMurray wrote:They are? o.O Then they are likely heretics and deserving of execution haha

The game is essentially the same as it was just slightly sharper with some new bits to it. It's a HD release after-all not a full new entry to the series. So there is imbalances etc. still present. That said, it's still a fantastic and fun game I feel.

Yeah, I would agree with you. It's an great game, altough the DLC was quite weak.

NitoMurray

Postby NitoMurray » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:44 am

Valerian wrote:
NitoMurray wrote:They are? o.O Then they are likely heretics and deserving of execution haha

Yeah, I would agree with you. It's an great game, altough the DLC was quite weak.

It's an ancient game, and an RTS. what did people expect for dlc? haha it can only be faction additions, maybe a few map changes but that's it. Even Total War only see's those type of additions, nothing particularly ground breaking.

Don't see Blizzard reviving Diablo II do ya! :P

Valerian

Postby Valerian » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:31 pm

NitoMurray wrote:
Valerian wrote:

It's an ancient game, and an RTS. what did people expect for dlc? haha it can only be faction additions, maybe a few map changes but that's it. Even Total War only see's those type of additions, nothing particularly ground breaking.

Although Totoal War DLCs, espicially the ones for Warhammer, were great and often added gamplay enhancing stuff, well execpt the call of the beastmen one^^

NitoMurray

Postby NitoMurray » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:43 pm

Valerian wrote:
NitoMurray wrote:
Valerian wrote:

Although Totoal War DLCs, espicially the ones for Warhammer, were great and often added gamplay enhancing stuff, well execpt the call of the beastmen one^^

You mean empire with more horses and elves? Most of the other stuff is heroes which hardly add a large deal of content :P Don't get me wrong, i enjoyed it all! It was all good stuff. Regardless it was hardly anything added ground breaking. Even then, it's the same as the DLC for this, a new faction. In the TW:W they only ever done 2 things different haha Elves had the tree which didn't do anything really as it just built up from taking places regardless; and they used mainly ranged. The Bret's were Empire with cav focus who also had a mechanic that was entirely passive on winning. Nothing actually different needed to do for either as you'd do them for all factions. Win battles, take settlements :P

Return to “Kingdom”