Game seetings/configuration

Moderators: Community Managers, Moderator

Valerian
Community Royal Guard Lvl 6

Game seetings/configuration

Postby Valerian » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:41 pm

Image Ellaria is fully developed and released and now you want to start a new game, now it is the question, which possibilities of configuration do you like to see?

E.G:
Numer of AI kingdoms, occurring races, difficulty, numer of raiding bandits, probability of events etc.

I'am very curious about your thoughts

Pax vobiscum

Valerian
Aut regem aut fatuum nasci oportere! - Ego sum rex romanus et super grammatica!

NitoMurray
Community Royal Guard Lvl 4

Re: Game seetings/configuration

Postby NitoMurray » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:01 am

Racist settings be nice :lol: Seriously, Elves hating everyone. Orcs liking only other orcish races. Humans have specific racist prejudice unique to each kingdom, Dwarfs hating Elves and Orcs etc.

Wandering Hero characters and their activities be nice too. Having loads of wandering adventuring heroes saving damsels or kidnapping them :D

Hmm, perhaps a dynamic events such as likelihood of a Orc jihad or a Elvish Crusade? How about slave uprisings or "the gates of hell are full" and undead rise everywhere? What about daemons invading? What about a demi-god, or a pre-cursor leader coming to cleanse old land?

Why not setting for bandit/lawless cities?

Why not a Total War setting, forcing everyone to always be at war with you on first contact. F*ck diplomacy when you have Necromancy right? Hmm... Resources being limited or increased. Riftstone being more common/rare (or perhaps removing it's requirement all together?). So many options

Valerian

Postby Valerian » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:16 pm

Yeah, there are many options...too many xD

But I really like your idea regarding racist settings, I mean, we are humans, we can really hate each other and I don't want to start talking about other races.
Sould it be possible to get in conntact through diplomatic relations, although you hate this race? Or just like: "I HATE YOU AND ALL OF YOUR KIND! FORWARD MY MEN, KILL THEM ALL!!"

NitoMurray

Postby NitoMurray » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:07 am

Valerian wrote:Yeah, there are many options...too many xD

But I really like your idea regarding racist settings, I mean, we are humans, we can really hate each other and I don't want to start talking about other races.
Sould it be possible to get in conntact through diplomatic relations, although you hate this race? Or just like: "I HATE YOU AND ALL OF YOUR KIND! FORWARD MY MEN, KILL THEM ALL!!"

Well it'd be cool for it to limit whatever type of communications and deals you can do. You can make the dwarfs like a specific elf kingdom, but they still don't want an elf anywhere near their hold. Look at Gimli and Legolas from Lord of the Rings. They adore each other, but also detest each others race thinking their barbaric or too feminine.

Valerian

Postby Valerian » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:19 am

Gimli and Legolas :lol: :lol:
I love them and thier continuous "fight" against each other xD
In generall, LotR is a really, really grat movie and a acceptable book^^

NitoMurray

Postby NitoMurray » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:42 pm

Valerian wrote:Gimli and Legolas :lol: :lol:
I love them and thier continuous "fight" against each other xD
In generall, LotR is a really, really grat movie and a acceptable book^^

Not just that, we saw in the Hobbit three armies movie how they work as a dynamic. Even when the orcs arrived, they worked as 2 individual armies rather than 1. Refusing to ally even in that circumstance. So perhaps a trade only dynamic amongst racially hated factions?

Valerian

Postby Valerian » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:15 pm

Yeah, that sounds logic.
You may could influence this through different policies and laws and try to convince your people that the othner race is not that bad or you ensure that they will hate them even more.
Each way with different possibilities and advantages

Return to “Kingdom”