Best Hybrid Games of all time?

Larkon Studio
Larkon Studio
Larkon Studio

Best Hybrid Games of all time?

Postby Larkon Studio » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:39 pm

What's New In Legends Of Ellaria:
Finished development of a "Dark Forest" faction, and made huge progress on RTS battles between factions.
Completed most of the framework for the inventory, including persistent (saved and loaded) items that you can find in chests, as well as items that can be bought at vendors.

Behind the scenes of Legends of Ellaria :)
unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (1).jpg (48.05 KiB) Viewed 641 times

New Blog: The Best Hybrid Video Games
To include a switch between FPS and RTS gameplay in a game is a rarity. Most games that do make the choice to include it only have an FPS/RTS switch as an independent experience for a gameplay session that differs from what others see.

But some games include active gameplay support for both sides of the coin. This lets players choose the style of game that..
Read the full entry>>

Featured Screenshot of the week winner:
unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg (43.56 KiB) Viewed 641 times

Shoutout to Nitto Murray for submitting this!

V00d00bob
Level 2 Community Backer Badge

Re: Best Hybrid Games of all time?

Postby V00d00bob » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:31 am

Good to see your new update policy! Really gets me hyped for whats to come in the near future :)

Brando602
Larkon Studio
Larkon Studio

Postby Brando602 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:00 am

Plenty on the way for Legends of Ellaria! What are you most excited to see in the game?

V00d00bob

Postby V00d00bob » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:45 am

Brando602 wrote:Plenty on the way for Legends of Ellaria! What are you most excited to see in the game?

To be honest its faction vs faction wars. Commanding an army in RTS while leading from the front in FPS is awesome! Been waiting for years for a single player game that does that.
And another thing is probably Diplomacy and managing the "daily matters" in the role of a king. :D

Valerian
Community Royal Guard Lvl 6
Community Royal Guard Lvl 6

Postby Valerian » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:43 pm

Brando602 wrote:Plenty on the way for Legends of Ellaria! What are you most excited to see in the game?

I'm most excited to see more RTS and kingdom management elements finding their way into the game.
Eg.: More buildings, interaction with your citizens, king actions (like collecting taxes, pass laws etc.), military improvements, faction vs. faction wars, diplomacy, research
Aut regem aut fatuum nasci oportere! - Ego sum rex romanus et super grammatica!

Coredog
Level 4 Community Backer Badge
Level 4 Community Backer Badge

Postby Coredog » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:51 am

I am most excited for the kingdom ruling aspect, i like the idea of a fable type of game where your choices make a difference in your kingdom and kingdoms around you.

66Austin1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby 66Austin1 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:01 am

Coredog wrote:

I am most excited for the kingdom ruling aspect, i like the idea of a fable type of game where your choices make a difference in your kingdom and kingdoms around you.

Oh I know right, Especially with the more indepth emotions. if you're a horrible ruler you might get some "boo" and "go away" but you can also become a tyrant where they will be like "I'm sorry for being in your way my lord please don't kill me." and be more fearful of you. man I personally cant wait to play this game more and more.

Brando602
Larkon Studio
Larkon Studio

Postby Brando602 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:59 pm

V00d00bob wrote:

To be honest its faction vs faction wars. Commanding an army in RTS while leading from the front in FPS is awesome! Been waiting for years for a single player game that does that.
And another thing is probably Diplomacy and managing the "daily matters" in the role of a king. :D

Completely understand, this is probably my favorite aspect of the game. Definitely one of the best uses I can think of for an FPS/RTS switch!

NitoMurray
Community Royal Guard Lvl 4
Community Royal Guard Lvl 4

Postby NitoMurray » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:24 am

First time for this, but it's multiplayer for me. The idea of being able to be a wandering hero, bouncing between players' kingdoms as a merc for hire. The battles and alliances, politics between players etc.

I feel the game will really come alive when it's a player behind the pushing forces of the game entirely, not just AI.

Return to “News”