Ongoing Updates

Coredog
Level 4 Community Backer Badge

Re: Ongoing Updates

Postby Coredog » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:27 pm

Arik Helman wrote:Hey,

As you noticed from the last newsletter, we will not release new updates before our steam EA,
instead we will send test build with particular scenes to test.
So if you want to participate and didnt contacted us yet, please do so, here or at loe@larkonstudio.com

Thanks

Thought it was a little strange but already signed up just in case :D

NitoMurray
Level 3 Community Backer Badge

Postby NitoMurray » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:46 pm

As you noticed from the last newsletter, we will not release new updates before our steam EA,
So if you want to participate and didnt contacted us yet, please do so, here or at loe@larkonstudio.com

Thanks

Already sent the email ahead (last week I think?). Makes sense to me to focus on making EA stable rather than providing large scale updates and things imploding before EA and taking dev time away to bugfix.

Take it we'd be testing specific features to break/report which then get hammered out quickly for a EA release?

Larkon Studio
Larkon Studio
Larkon Studio

Postby Larkon Studio » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:38 pm

NitoMurray wrote:

Thanks

Already sent the email ahead (last week I think?). Makes sense to me to focus on making EA stable rather than providing large scale updates and things imploding before EA and taking dev time away to bugfix.

Take it we'd be testing specific features to break/report which then get hammered out quickly for a EA release?

Indeed, that's the focus of test group

Dalereo
Level 2 Community Backer Badge
Level 2 Community Backer Badge

Postby Dalereo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Am i missing something? So the EA test for steam wont have everyone who kickstarted or backed this?

Arik Helman
Larkon Studio
Larkon Studio

Postby Arik Helman » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:45 pm

Dalereo wrote:Am i missing something? So the EA test for steam wont have everyone who kickstarted or backed this?

Those will be small builds with specific scenes to test and not the official versions. anyone who backed can participate, just drop us a line.

NitoMurray

Postby NitoMurray » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:35 am

They've posted everywhere to tell you to drop em a line and sign up for the test dude!

What that they've said, the idea is there will be a feature specific test. So for example, testing quests working by sealing us in an environment the focuses on that. Same with other features, so that they are empathized and made more accessible to test. It's likely the idea to test the code and the foundation of the mechanic, so that when implemented to a larger scale the world doesn't blow up. So it'd be a smaller area focused on certain features, bring ya meta-game faces on and a strong desire to break all of Larkon's sh*t in the testing :P

Coredog

Postby Coredog » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:29 pm

Dalereo wrote:Am i missing something? So the EA test for steam wont have everyone who kickstarted or backed this?

NitoMurray wrote:They've posted everywhere to tell you to drop em a line and sign up for the test dude!

What that they've said, the idea is there will be a feature specific test. So for example, testing quests working by sealing us in an environment the focuses on that. Same with other features, so that they are empathized and made more accessible to test. It's likely the idea to test the code and the foundation of the mechanic, so that when implemented to a larger scale the world doesn't blow up. So it'd be a smaller area focused on certain features, bring ya meta-game faces on and a strong desire to break all of Larkon's sh*t in the testing :P

I think he was making the comment that because we are backers he had the understanding that we would be getting the test builds automatically. I do see Dalereo's point but i think Larkon just wanted to get a smaller controlled group of active backers to test before the steam release.

But either way just shoot them a email and see if you can get in. I got my email this morning!! :D :D

Valerian
Level 5 Community Backer Badge
Level 5 Community Backer Badge

Postby Valerian » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:52 pm

Coredog wrote:

NitoMurray wrote:They've posted everywhere to tell you to drop em a line and sign up for the test dude!

I think he was making the comment that because we are backers he had the understanding that we would be getting the test builds automatically. I do see Dalereo's point but i think Larkon just wanted to get a smaller controlled group of active backers to test before the steam release.

But either way just shoot them a email and see if you can get in. I got my email this morning!! :D :D

Jey, me too^^
Aut regem aut fatuum nasci oportere! - Ego sum rex romanus et super grammatica!

Arik Helman
Larkon Studio
Larkon Studio

Postby Arik Helman » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:52 am

Thats exactly the case.

The email we sent you all was about a confirmation. The test areas will be ready in a week or 2.

NitoMurray

Postby NitoMurray » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:44 pm

Valerian wrote:
Coredog wrote:

Jey, me too^^

Lucky buggers, I didn't :(

Return to “News”